David Webb is a Senior Vice President in George K. Baum & Company’s Texas Public Finance practice. Mr. Webb brings 26 years of school district experience to the Texas Public Finance group. He primarily serves Texas independent school districts. Prior to joining GKB, Mr. Webb was the Chief Financial Officer for Deer Park Independent School District, a suburb of Houston, TX. Some of his notable accomplishments include:
- Conducted five successful bond elections totaling more than $400 million
- Authored two books on the history of school finance in Texas and the mechanics of state funding formulas
- Worked on more than 40 bond sales as financial advisor, senior manager or co-manager totaling more than $4 billion
- Worked with Harris County and the Greater Houston Partnership team to secure INEOS facilities in Deer Park ISD, a projected $1.2 billion polyethylene plant, by implementing a Chapter 313 agreement
- Received the TASBO Commitment to Excellence Award in 2003, a recognition only given to one person each year in Texas
Mr. Webb holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting from the University of Texas at Austin, and is a Certified Public Accountant.