Mike Airhart is a Senior Vice President with George K. Baum & Company, serving the National Housing Finance practice. He is primarily responsible for housing clients in the southeastern US and works out of the Baton Rouge office.
Mr. Airhart has more than 26 years of experience in the housing finance industry as a mortgage banker, nonprofit executive, local HFA director and investment banker. His depth of knowledge of financial markets is complemented by his hands-on experience in running both Market Rate and Mortgage Revenue Bond programs. Prior to joining GKB, he served as Executive Director of a local housing finance authority for three years. Mr. Airhart has served as co-manager and senior manager for numerous single family mortgage revenue bond transactions.
He holds a bachelor’s degree from Louisiana State University, has been a speaker at many national and regional real estate finance industry conferences and is also a member of the following professional organizations:
- Former Chairman and Board Member of the Louisiana Housing Corporation
- Former Single Family Committee Chairman for Louisiana Housing Finance Agency
- Former President of Louisiana Mortgage Lenders Association
- Volunteer President of Louisiana Mortgage Lenders Foundation
- Member of the National Conference on State Housing Agencies
- Member of the National Association of Local Housing Finance Agencies
- Member of the Texas Association of Local Housing Finance Agencies
- Member of the Florida Association of Local Housing Finance Agencies