David Webb is a Senior Vice President in George K. Baum & Company's Texas Public Finance practice. He offers more than 26 years of K‐12 public school experience. Mr. Webb leads our Texas independent school district practice and participates in other municipal transactions as well. Prior to joining GKB, Mr. Webb was the Chief Financial Officer for Deer Park Independent School District, a suburb of Houston, TX.
Mr. Webb brings a wealth of school district experience that he shares as the primary school district banker for the Texas Public Finance Group. Some of his accomplishments as Chief Financial Officer include:
• Conducted successful bond elections for more than $350 million
• Authored two books on the history of school finance in Texas and the mechanics of state funding formulas
• Worked closely with the TASB Risk Management Fund to revise their methodology for valuing contents in school facilities for property insurance purposes, resulting in a significant overhaul of their decades-old process and providing their customers with a more accurate method of valuing property and savings on annual premiums
• Worked with Harris County and the Greater Houston Partnership team to secure INEOS facilities in Deer Park ISD, a projected $1.2 billion polyethylene plant, by implementing a Chapter 313 agreement
• Received the TASBO Commitment to Excellence Award in 2003, a recognition only given to one person each year in Texas
Mr. Webb's prior experience also includes the position of Chief Financial Officer and Associate Superintendent of Business at La Porte Independent School District and experience as a controller and internal auditor in the oil and gas industry.
Mr. Webb holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from the University of Texas at Austin.