Mike Airhart is a Vice President with George K. Baum & Company, serving in the National Housing Finance Group, with primary responsibility for the southeastern US and working out of the greater New Orleans office.
He has more than 24 years of experience working in the housing finance industry as a mortgage banker, nonprofit executive, local HFA director and investment banker. His depth of knowledge of financial markets is complemented by his hands-on experience in running both market rate and Mortgage Revenue Bonds programs. Most recently, he served as Executive Director of a local housing finance authority for three years prior to joining the firm.
He holds a Bachelor's Degree from Louisiana State University, has been a speaker at many national and regional real estate finance industry conferences, and is also devoted to the following professional organizations:
- Former Chairman and Board Member of the Louisiana Housing Corporation
- Former Single Family Committee Chairman for Louisiana Housing Finance Agency
- Former President of Louisiana Mortgage Lenders Association
- Volunteer President of Louisiana Mortgage Lenders Foundation
- Member of the National Conference on State Housing Agencies
- Member of the National Association of Local Housing Finance Agencies