Lee White is an Executive Vice President for George K. Baum & Company. He has been responsible for the following practice areas at the Firm:
• Higher Education & Nonprofit Finance Group
• Renewable Energy Project Finance Group
• Colorado Public Finance Group
Mr. White has been in the investment banking business for 35 years and has been involved with underwriting more than $12 billion of municipal and project finance bonds. He came to investment banking with extensive cabinet level experience in state government for Colorado Governor, Richard Lamm. He was Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Administration from 1979-80 and Executive Director of the Colorado Office of State Planning and Budget from 1981-82.
Mr. White participates in numerous professional and civic organizations. He has served as a trustee of the Colorado Historical Society and the Greater Denver Corporation. He is also a member of the Colorado Forum, the Cactus Club and the Mile High Club. He was a local elected official as an at-large member on the Denver Board of Education in 1996 and served for two terms.
Mr. White has served as:
• Co-chairman | U.S. Congress Joint Economic Committee's Study on Infrastructure in the U.S.
• Co-chairman | City of Denver, Comprehensive Planning Advisory Committee
• Treasurer | Colorado Martin Luther King Holiday Commission
• Chairman | Clayton Foundation
• President & CEO | Stapleton Redevelopment Foundation
• Chairman | Denver Water Board Citizens Advisory Committee
• Chairman | Denver Civic Ventures
• Chairman | Denver Public Schools Pro-Comp Trust
• Member | Colorado Clean Energy Development Authority
• Member | Denver Public Schools Foundation
• Commissioner | Western Interstate Commission of Higher Education (WICHE)
• Chair of Board | Rocky Mountain Prep Charter School
• Co-chairman | Achieving a Better Colorado Constitutional Initiative Campaign
Higher Education & Nonprofit Finance:
Mr. White is active in higher education and is one of the nation's leading bankers for non-recourse student housing projects. He has worked on transactions as senior manager or municipal advisor for more than 100 universities and colleges. Mr. White has managed the financing of more than $8 billion in bonds for higher education institutions.
Mr. White has provided considerable research on higher education bond ratings and credit analysis for NACUBO. He has been frequently published in NACUBO's Business Officer Magazine and speaks frequently on the subject of college finance.
Mr. White has worked extensively with rating agencies and bond investors in their development of underwriting criteria for privatized student housing, and with several major privatized student housing developers. He guides public and private institutions of higher education through all phases of the structuring, underwriting and marketing of privatized student housing transactions, auxiliary financings and other capital finance projects.
Public Power & Renewable Energy Finance:
Mr. White has served as the lead banker on a number of major utility and renewable energy financings. He is actively working on financing a wind and renewable energy project that includes use of Clean Renewable Energy Bonds and Qualified Energy Conservation Bonds. Electric utility and renewable energy bond issues in which he has been involved include:
• $16 million Cheyenne Light Fuel & Power Transmission Bond
• $79 million Wyoming Municipal Power Agency
• $324 million City of Colorado Springs Electric Revenue Bonds
• $75 million New Mexico Renewable Energy Transmission Authority (High Lonesome Mesa Edison Mission Energy 100 MW Wind Project)
• $12 million California Bio-methane Gas Project (San Diego Fuel Cell Project)
• $11 million Fuel Cell Project (California State-San Marcos Project) Project Bond
• $6 million Infinity Oakleaf Denver Housing Authority Solar Project QECB Bond
• $7 million Oakleaf Denver International Airport QECB Solar Project Bonds
• $80 million Colorado Public Service Pollution Control Revenue Bonds
• $50 million Silsbee Texas Wood Pellet Plant Biomass Bonds (In Process)
• $5 million Sun Edison Huntington Beach Solar Revenue Bonds
• $4.6 million Sun Edison Irvine School District Solar Revenue Bonds
• $6.3 million Massachusetts Development Finance Agency Westford Solar QECB Project Bond's
Airports & Government Infrastructure Finance:
Mr. White has assisted numerous state and local governments finance their infrastructure investments. Such governments include:
• $325 million State of Colorado Supreme Court & Historical Museum Build America Bonds
• $100 million Denver International Airport bonds
• $63 million Colorado Springs airport terminal financing
• $50 million City of Phoenix Certificates of Participation
• $67 million City of Denver Cultural Complex Revenue Bonds
• $250 million Denver Public Schools General Obligation Bonds
Stadium & Sports Complex Finance:
Mr. White has extensive experience with stadium and sports complex financings. He prepared and executed the plan of finance for Coors Field. He is also the municipal advisor for the Denver Broncos and prepared the plan of finance for Sports Authority Field at Mile High approved by the Colorado Legislature. These clients have included:
• Metro Denver Baseball Stadium District
• Maricopa Stadium District, Arizona
• Denver Broncos Football Club
Mr. White received a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School, a Master of City Planning from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.