Robert D. Poswalk is a Senior Quantitative Financial Analyst in George K. Baum & Company's Texas Public Finance Group. He offers more than 30 years of broad public finance experience, which includes multifamily housing, healthcare, K‐12 public schools, general obligation, revenue bonds, alternative energy and structured finance. Mr. Poswalk has participated in the issuance of more than $50 billion of various taxexempt
and taxable transactions.
Mr. Poswalk offers financial advisory services to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs & Harris County Housing Finance Corporation—Multifamily Programs. His multifamily experience includes:
- 4% Tax Credit Programs
- FNMA Pass-Through Structures
- Freddie-Mac Direct Placements
- Cash Collateral Bonds in Conjunction with a HUD Loan
- Direct Placement with Banks or other Financial Institutions
- Securitized 71 non-rated New York Housing Development multifamily bonds into a grantor trust and achieved a AAA bond rating
- Completed numerous multifamily bond transactions, including; loans to lenders programs, senior/subordinated bond structures, low‐income tax credits, FHA insured mortgage revenue bonds, senior living and assisted living transactions, and student housing.
Prior to joining GKB, Mr. Poswalk was a Senior Quantitative Banker at Oppenheimer & Co. and managed the State of California account. At Oppenheimer & Co., Mr. Poswalk completed more than $25 billion of California state transactions and performed analytics and due diligence for senior/affordable housing, alternative energy projects and other structured transactions.
Mr. Poswalk has also served as a Senior Quantitative Analyst at Banc of America Securities, where he provided the analytical support for the Independent School District Effort, Pension Obligation Bonds and Multifamily Bond transactions. He performed the analytics on more than $20 billion of completed transactions.
Mr. Poswalk developed a comprehensive arbitrage rebate program that allowed issuers of municipal debt to perform their own tax compliance. He also assisted many issuers in preparing arbitrage rebate calculations and IRS tax code compliance.
Prior to his career in municipal finance, Mr. Poswalk served as a Senior Auditor for the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and assisted the examination staff of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors. Mr. Poswalk has also held positions with IBM and McDonnell Douglas Information Systems.